Storybook Favorites: Divine Wisdom, Image.PR, and Ragnarok

This storybook grabbed my attention in two ways; a descriptive title and minimal, dark design paves the way for focus upon the dialogue and story. The introduction opens with the main character, Jack, waking from an accidental nap during an all-night meditation session, and the colors and mood of the site design complement a story told at night. I am relatively unfamiliar with the characters and events portrayed, but that did not stop me from reading more. 

This was such a fun storybook! Retelling these classics using a PR firm as the central basis of the story-line is delightful. The homepage of the storybook is so realistic, I was unsure at first if the link I choose was actually a storybook. I enjoyed the style and the approach; I have yet to become familiar with the characters in detail but I am eager to read more. This was a great foot-in-the-door to the revered epics with a modern twist. 



Image Information: Artist's depiction of Ragnarok
Web Source: MythologyStoryBook

This is a fantastically well-written storybook. A brief but detailed synopsis of the characters and events which transpire regarding Ragnarok is provided in the introductory page. I personally have some previous knowledge regarding Norse folklore, but this collection is a mesmerizing and approachable introduction to such lovable and infamous characters such as Baldur, Loki, Thor, and Wodan. Of all the storybooks I browsed, this was my favorite due to its writing style and clarity, opening a door for readers of all levels to enjoy a slightly more authentic version than that seen in film today (i.e. Avengers). The design of the site is appropriate and engaging for its material, and I have included above the depiction of Ragnarok which greets a storybook site visitor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Commuter Student

Week 7 Story: The Dharma in Vidura