Famous Last Words: The End

This will be my last post to finish this class, and while I'm ecstatic to have more time to focus on finals, I am quite sad to finish. I loved the steady stream of facts, tidbits, images, and motivational snippets presented here, and I might have to teach myself how to use that Twitter thing just to keep enjoying all the extras this class held.

This semester I learned:

How to create a blog
How to create a website
How to positively give functional feedback
How to legally source photographs for web use
How to brainstorm for creative writing (which I've actually done precious little of since grade school)
How to make memes on the fly
How to conduct a horse sacrifice (that's one I will never actually do, but now I know)

And that's not even including the content we studied! Rama, Hanuman, Krishna, Vishnu, Yama, and so many more. I loved discovering similarities between folktales of India and other cultures, and I loved all of the origin stories (as my bridge project will attest). Web classes have, in my experience, either been drudgery or delight, with very little in between. This class was so much fun, and I might just have to cram Mythology and Folklore into my final undergraduate semester this fall to bring a little joy and fun to the exciting world of Microbiology Capstone and grad school interviews and all the little stresses that late senior year holds.

I started this class during a very unexpected layover in Fort Lauderdale Airport, with 36 hours to kill and unlimited wifi, and throughout the semester used my commute to school to stream youtube videos which offered all kinds of great reading alternatives for our assignments. This is the most flexible and fun web class I've ever taken. With that said....


Image source: QuotesIdeas

Comments

  1. Hey Laura! I commented, but now it's not appearing as posted. You may end up with two comments repeating the same sentiments so apologize if that's the case!
    I basically said that I'm so jealous that your summer has started while I'm stuck finishing assignments and furiously writing an Honors Thesis. I'm sorry about your crazy long layover, but I hope you have a great, relaxing summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Commuter Student

Week 7 Story: The Dharma in Vidura