Week 9 Review

Back-up
I was successful in the backup of my blogger site, but Wix does not at this time feature a download option for backup of their hosted content. However, Wix does offer a save history for the entirety of the work performed, and I duplicated that, so at the very least I do have something to fall back upon if I accidentally delete everything somehow.

Check-up
I have completed all but one of the core course assignments, and my EC cushion places me at 1 point over the requirements for an A. I think in the future I will try harder to knock out one or two EC assignments per week, as I would feel more comfortable with a higher margin of error if things get down the wire with other classwork and looming finals.

Review
The Shapes of Stories was hilarious! I've never actually seen what Kurt Vonnegut looked like before, and he actually seems quite the comedian in this clip. I was also very intrigued by the concepts of his eight basic story shapes. This is something I think I will use as a springboard for future writing for this class.

The Shapes of Stories - Kurt Vonnegut
Image Source: Writing With Aesop

Upcoming
This is a fairly laid-back week for me, as my post-spring break exams aren't until next week. I want to do a little spring cleaning around the house, and start tasting my first finished flavored batch of home-grown kombucha. I've managed to clutter my kitchen wonderfully so far with this project, and if all goes well this time next week I'll be sipping on ginger-lemon, strawberry, apple, and raspberry kombucha from my Earl Grey master batch. Ideally I'll find a better storage solution, too, because this apartment isn't that big.


The Whole Shebang
Some of these growlers in front are just leftovers and not proper kombucha - I cook with them and put them in smoothies if I don't have enough to fill bottles for flavoring.
(personal photo, March 2018)


Master Batches
 Jun-Kombucha (left), Earl Grey Kombucha (right), Turmeric Soda (bottom)
(personal photo, March 2018)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Commuter Student

Week 7 Story: The Dharma in Vidura